Steamed Layer Cakes with Mung Bean Paste Filling – Bánh Da Lợn
To make light sweetened steamed rice cake with mung bean paste filling and pandan flavor, we need
- mung bean, tapioca flour, rice flour, granulated white sugar, coconut milk, water, salt, water, pandan juice or pandan food color
- For the mung bean, soak it overnight. Drain the water. Rinse it in the water. Pour it into a pot. Cook until it’s cooked. Mash it. Place aside.
- Get a big bowl.
- Add coconut milk, water, sugar, salt. Mix until dissolved. Add tapioca starch. Mix well. Add rice flour. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 3 separate medium bowls.
Bowl #1: Add pandan leave juice/color. Mix until dissolved.
Bowl #2: Add cooked mung bean. Mix well. Add 2 tbsp water. Mix well. Add 1 drop food color – yellow.
Bowl #3: keep as is.
- Steam the cake
Add some water to the steamer. Place on the stove. Turn on the heat. Cook until it’s boiled.
Place a cake mold.
Pour half of mixture in bowl #1. Cover the steamer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the cover.
Add half of the mixture of bowl #2. Cover the steamer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the cover.
Add half of the mixture in bowl #3. Cover the steamer and cook for 5 minutes.
Repeat the process again for the rest of the mixture.
- It’s great when eating them and drinking hot tea.
Original posting at TTVTC.com.