Steamed Yuca/Cassave Cake with Coconut Flakes… Bánh Khoai Mì Nướng
Ingredients: sugar, coconut milk, frozen grated yuca, dried coconut or coconut flake, tapioca starch, salt
Cleaning the grated yuca to remove any toxic from the yuca.
- Leave yuca outside allowing defrost.
- A large bowl = defrost yuca (done in step 1) + water = Mix well and leave there 2-3 hours until the flour drop at the bottom and the water on the top is clear, then drain the top water off
- Repeat step 2 for at least 2 more times.
Preparing cleaned grated yuca for cooking
- After complete cleaning the grated yuca, add tapioca starch = Mix well
- Now continue add salt + coconut milk + white sugar = Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Split the mixture into 3 small bowl and add food color for each (the color which you like, for example, green, pink, white,… for white you don’t need to add any color at all). Remember mix well.
Steaming the grated yuca mixture
- Pour the mixture into a cake bake tray. (how thick the cake is depended on how you like/want; if it’s thick, the thick of the cake’s strip is thicker and the cooking time is little longer.)
- Now it’s the time to steam the mixture in the prepared steamer in high heat.
- After 5 – 7 minutes, when the cake is cooked, take it out, leave it to cool. (Depend on how thick is it, if it is thick, then the time of steaming is longer.)
Preparing stripped coconut yuca cake
- Get a large bowl + 1 bag dried coconut/coconut flake.
- Cut the cake into small strip and add to coconut flake bowl of step 1.
- Mix well
Making sesame sugar salt
- A small bowl = sugar + salt + cooked golden sesame = Mix well
Preparing the cake for serving
- A dish = stripped coconut yuca cake + add the sesame salt on the top.
ATTENTION: BE CAREFUL WHEN PREPARING THE YUCA BECAUSE THERE IS A CERTAIN CHEMICAL (TOXIC) IN THE YUCA MAY CAUSE YOU FEEL NOT WELL; IF EATING TOO MANY YUCA WHICH HAS NOT CLEAR OUT/REMOVE THE TOXIC MAY CAUSE YOU DIZZINESS/HEADACHE. THAT’S WHAT WE HEARD FROM OUR PARENTS & OTHER OLD PEOPLE.
Original posting at TTVTC.com.