How to Make Vietnamese Stuffed Rice Pancakes
- 1/2 package of Bột Bánh Xèo – Bốn Con Voi
- 1-2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 stem scallion
- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 lb shrimp (small/tiny)
- 1 root jicama
- 1 root onion
- 1 lb bean sprouts
- cooking oil
How to make:
- Mix well the flour, tumeric powder and water.
- Add the coconut milk and thinly sliced scallion and mix well.
- Cover it and set aside.
- Shred (thinly as possible) the jicama and onion.
- Thinly slice the pork belly.
- Remove the shrimp tails.
- Add 5-10 soup spoons of the cooking oil into a pan and bring it to hot. When it is hot, transfer the cooking oil to a small bowl.
- Add the pork belly and stir.
- Add the shrimp and stir.
- When the shrimp shells change the color, add 1-2 ladles of the batter. Try to have the batter covering entirely of the bottom of the pan and go up to the side of the pan as much as possible.
- When the batter changes the color, add the jicama and then cover the pan.
- Around 1-2 minutes later, remove the cover. Add the onion and bean sprouts. Cover it again.
- Around 1 minute later, remove the cover.
- Fold the cake and then transfer to a dish.
- Now, it’s time to have another one, brush oil evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Repeat step 2-8.
- Roll the pancake in leaves such as lettuce, young green mango leaves (baby leaves), Vietnamese perilla, Vietnamese mustard greens… Don’t forget adding other fresh vegetables to your roll for better taste..
- Dip the pancake roll in mixed fish sauce with radish and carrot pickles.
Watch the video how to make Vietnamese pancake, Banh Xeo.
Music Credit: Taste by Track Tribe, Funky Mood, R&B & Soul Genre, 3:17 Duration, Added Sep 2019
- Copper Chef 12″ Removable Electric Use as a Skillet, Buffet Server and in The Oven – https://amzn.to/37QOhy1
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush-Small, Multicolor – https://amzn.to/34KWSQR