To make a simple shrimp cabbage stir fry, you need to have cabbage, shrimp and…
- cooking oil
- herb: green onion/scallion, cilantro
- seasoning: salt, soy sauce and/or oyster sauce, pepper
Before starting to cook, you need have it ready to cook.
- Cabbage – cut by separate the steam from the leaves, cut to the size you want, wash, wash with salt if you want.
- Shrimp – wash, remove the shell and devein.
- Green onion, cilantro – clean, wash, cut into half finger length size or whatever size you think it good for everybody to eat.
- Garlic – smash
How to cook cabbage with shrimp (stir frying)?
- Bring a large saucepan to warm hot. A small saucepan or a pot is okay.
- Add the cooking oil and wait it to the temperature, warm hot.
- Add the garlic, stir it a little bit until it turns into a golden brown garlic.
- Add the cabbage, stir and cook until the cabbage changes the color.
- Add the shrimp, stir and cook until the shrimp change the color.
- Add the seasoning, stir.
- Add the herb and stir evenly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and transfer the food to a dish.
- If you want to save some electricity, you can turn off the stove before they are completely cook.
- If you want crunchy cabbage, don’t cook too long.
- You can eat shrimp cabbage with white rice or fried rice and add the dressing sauce you want.
- As of today, you can get a pound of cabbage for 39 cents and one pound of shrimp for about $7. 😁 promotion week.
Style #1 (cabbage dominates shrimp, cheap cost 😃): making around 3-4 Chinese restaurant dish sizes.
- 1 cabbage head (2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound shrimp (shell-on)
- 2 stem green onions
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoning soy sauce (not strong soy sauce)
- a pinch salt
- 1 garlic clove
Style #2 (shrimp dominates cabbage, expensive cost 😄): same as style #1 but instead of using 1/2 pound shrimp, using 2 pounds or more.
Style #3 (balance, okay cost 😀): same as style #1, using 1 pound of shrimp instead.
Cook your own food at home.
Written by VN.
Orlando, Florida U.S.A.
March 26, 2022 2:10 AM
Original posted at CoFlorida.com