Making coconut milk gravy isn’t hard, just need some patients. In order to make a coconut milk gravy, we need to have
- coconut milk
- rice flour
Here is how I made coconut milk gravy.
- Add flour and water in a little saucepan.
- Stir until the flour is dissolved.
- Cook thoroughly at the high heat until the mixture is boiled.
- Then lower the heat to medium heat (low heat if necessary).
- While cooking, don’t forget stir constantly to prevent the mixture stuck at the bottom of a saucepan.
- Add sugar & a little bit of salt. Stir well.
- When the mixture is cooked and becomes thicker, add coconut milk.
- Stir well and cook until it’s reboiled.
- Taste again to make sure the taste is what we want. If it’s not sweet enough, add more sugar; if it’s not salt enough, add more salt.
- Then remove the saucepan from the stove.
How to Make Coconut Milk Gravy (CACH LAM NUOC COT DUA) making gravy for yourself – JQ FOOD Dessert
Coconut milk gravy is a great gravy/sauce for your dessert especially steam cake. Coconut milk gravy can be used in the form of dipping sauce or topping sauce.
*** Carefully, the gravy is very hot when cooking because it contains the flour.
*** We can substitute rice flour with other flours, but in my experience, the rice flour is the best flour to make coconut milk gravy.
*** Don’t forget turn of the stove after removing the saucepan from the stove.