Here is a sum up how you can make at least three entries, big/large portals, with one time cooking. You can have Vietnamese summer rolls; Vietnamese hot and sour soup which you can serve with white rice or rice noodles; and mixed pork belly with fermented pickles which you can serve with vermicelli rice noodles or plain white rice.
- Head-on shrimp, pork belly, Vietnamese rice noodles.
- Tomato, bean sprouts, ong choy, Vietnamese “bac ha”.
- Vietnamese herbs, hot chili peppers.
- Limes, fish sauce, sugar, salt.
How to make it?
- Prepare vegetables (wash, cut/slice).
- Wash pork belly + shrimp (plus trim).
- Boil noodles.
- Boil pork belly + shrimps.
- Cut cooked shrimp’s heads & place back to the steam pot.
- Add pineapple + “bac ha” + ong choy + tomato.
- Bean sprouts + herbs + peppers + sugar + fish sauce + lime juice.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove the shrimp’s shells + devein shrimp + split in half.
- Slice cooked pork belly.
- Make summer roll dipping sauce (fish sauce + vinegar + sugar + chopped hot chili peppers + warm water (optional))
- Serve as summer rolls, hot & sour soup with boiled rice noodles, hot & sour soup with steamed white rice.
- Leftover pork belly + fermented pickles + hot chili peppers (ground & sliced) + garlic (ground & sliced) = Mix well.
- Serve with steamed white rice or boiled rice noodles.
I’ll add images later. While waiting, you can see a full list of images about this cooking at http://rodso.com/sum-rolls-hot-sour-noodle-soup/.