Chicken rice soup is a recipe which is easy to learn. It is so simple and doesn’t require many ingredients. We just need having basic daily ingredients are enough. Chicken rice soup is good for our health especially when we’re sick and our body systems are functional weakness. It’s also good for kid’s digestion too.
In order to make chicken rice soup, we just need the following
- chicken, uncooked rice
- cilantro, scallion, salt, fish sauce or salt, sugar.
When we have those ingredients, we can start making it by following
- Fry uncooked rice in a frying pan until the grain turns to light yellow and set aside.
- Cook a pot of water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring a water to boil. Add chicken and cook at high heat. Skim. Reduce the heat and continue cook at the medium or medium high heat until the chicken is cooked.
Don’t forget skim occasionally. When the chicken is cooked, remove cooked chicken out of the pot.
Keep half of the broth for future cooking. (optional)
- Bring the broth to boil and add rice. Bring it boiling again. Skim any foam from the surface and reduce the heat. Continue simmering until the rice is tender.
Season the soup with salt and/or fish sauce and sugar.
- Done! We, now, have a pot of chicken rice soup and ready to serve.
Pour the chicken rice soup to a bowl. Sprinkle some pepper and chopped cilantro and scallion. Serve.
Next, we’re making a chicken pickled salad dish from this chicken. Are you ready? We are.