In order to have wontons to eat without going to the Chinese restaurant, here are what you need to do: buying ingredients, preparing the combination ingredients, wrapping the wontons and cooking them.
What kinds wontons you can make? You can make pork wonton which normally people referred it as wonton, shrimp wontons, chicken wontons, turkey wontons, beef wontons, pork and shrimp wontons, pork and chicken wontons, pork and turkey wontons, pork and beef wontons, pork chicken shrimp wontons, pork turkey shrimp wontons,… I normally make pork wontons or pork and shrimp wontons. Sometimes, I make pork, shrimp and chicken wontons too. No matter what kind wontons you’re going to make, the basic ingredients and steps are at the followings.
- Ground pork/beef/chicken/turkey/shrimp
- Wonton wrappers
- Green onion
- Soy sauce/stir-fry sauce
- Green onions – finely chopped
- Shrimp – shelled deveined and finely chopped
- Egg – separate egg yolk and egg white. Use only egg yolk, mix it.
- Combine pork, shrimp and green onions with a little bit of soy sauce/stir-fry sauce. Mix well.
- Place a small amount of the combination in step 1 onto the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Wrap it.
To seal it, moisten the wrapper with egg yolk.
– There are at least 2 ways to cook wontons.
- You can fry them in the oil at the temperature of 350 to 375 degrees.
Just about 2 minutes or until golden brown, remove them out of the oil.
- Another way you can cook wontons is boiling.
Bring the water to boil, add wontons in and wait until they float on the boiling water, remove them out of the boiling water.
- There is one more way to cook your newly made wontons. That’s steaming.
You can steam them by placing them in a steamer and then steam them.
After they’re cooked, remove them from the steamer.
- Okay, this way of cooking wontons which I haven’t done it; it’s just came out of my mind. Do you know what is it?
That is baking. Bake them in the oven/small applicable oven/portable oven…
Before placing them in the oven, I think we should quickly drain them through the water, spray water on them or, somehow, make them wet/moisture.
Hey, this idea just freshly came off my mind, I’ve done it.
Eating as a snack/snacks
- Soy sauce… for steamed wontons.
- Sweet and sour sauce, ketchup,… for deep fried wontons.
- For boiled wontons, you can serve them with sauce, mixture soy sauce or stored bought dumpling sauce. You can also add them in your soup like chicken soup or instant noodle soup…
You can buy wonton dipping sauce in any Asian supermarket.
- For deep fried wontons, you can serve them with sweet and sour sauce or ketchup.
Updated 8/20/2018 1:43 P.M.
The following video shows us how to wrap a wonton/wontons. It’s very helpful if you haven’t know how to wrap it/them yet.
Written by VN Pham from FoodVannet.com.
*This post was originally created and published on: Jul 8, 2017 @ 20:16.