CHE SOI NUOC
(Mung Bean Glutinous Rice Balls in Ginger Syrup)
- 1 package Mung Beans (14-oz)
- 1 package Glutinous Rice Flour (16-oz)
- 1 can Coconut Milk (14-fl oz) – 3 soup spoon for dough, the rest for mung bean paste
- 3 inches Ginger
- 1 package Brown Slab Sugar/Brown Sugar in pieces (16-oz)
- 7 cup water for syrup
- Mung beans – soak overnight (room temperature water), remove skin…
- Glutinous rice flour – soak in water (mix with 1/2 coffee spoon salt), set aside, drain clear top water, add new water and mix well, set aside, drain top clear water again, use paper towels to make the prep-flour dry.
- Ginger – remove the skin, slice, mash ginger
- Cook mung bean with coconut milk, mash, knead, make balls.
- Cook ginger syrup – water plus brown slab sugar and ginger.
- Set a pot of the water to boil.
- Knead glutinus rice until smooth.
- Wrap mung bean ball inside of glutinous rice, roll… add to the boil water, cook until the mung bean glutinous balls float on the top, transfer to a cold temperature water container and let them cool, add the balls to the ginger syrup pot, continue cooking…
- The best way is using 10 cup water plus 1.5 package brown slab sugar.
- Some mung bean paste is left after all, around 1/3. You can eat them blank like that, can use it for other cakes, can use it by adding an drink (other che/Vietnamese sweet dessert)…
- If you don’t want having some mung bean paste left, then cook around 2/3 package of mung bean only but don’t forget cut back some coconut milk.
- The better way is to have an additional package of glutinuous rice flour on hand if needed.
- If you don’t have an extra package of glutinous rice flour, take back couple soup spoon of glutinous rice flour to use it when you kneeding the dough.
How to Make Sweet Mung Bean with Wood Ear and Tapioca Strip Dessert
In Vietnamese – Tiếng Việt
Cách làm CHÈ SÔI NƯỚC – làm tại nhà ở Mỹ Glutinous Rice Flour Balls Sweet Dessert Cách làm chè trôi nước